Inclement Weather Policies for WBA Championships
The weather forecast for Sunday is calling for 60% chance of rain. In order to prevent any confusion during the actual event, the board of directors wanted to outline the following contingency policies that will be in effect:
Sunday’s Grand Championships will take place rain or shine unless there is a safety risk to the performers.
Each finalist band can make their own decision to perform or withdraw from the contest
Only those bands who qualify for Grand Championships will be allowed to perform. Should bands withdraw due to the weather, no replacement bands will be added to the schedule
In the event of a total cancellation, class championship scores will determine the Grand Championships
Any changes to the schedule and/or other decisions regarding this weekend’s contest will be communicated via email and text messaging through CompetitionSuite
We sincerely hope that Sunday’s event will proceed as planned as a fitting conclusion to a wonderful season for WBA. We wanted to be proactive in outlining contingencies in advance should the weather forecast becomes a reality.
Safe travels to Merced and Clovis!