Dear Band Directors:
We have an important venue update to share with you, regarding the Long Beach Super Show on October 27th.
Due to issues with the facility which could not be resolved, we have made the decision to relocate this event to nearby Warren High School, with the great assistance of Director, Dave Neimeyer. Warren High School supported BOA in a very similar situation last season, and they have a wonderful venue with fantastic support in place.
This event will officially be called the SoCal Super Show.
Without getting into the details, WBA had originally worked out a conflict arrangement with the college in which our event would begin at 12:00pm noon; this timeline was recently changed to *at least* 4:00pm, leaving us with no options to run the event as planned at that venue.
We are disappointed, as we understand you likely are, too. We understand and respect that this change is late, and it may impact your decision to participate in this event. With this in mind, and in recognition of the change in venue experience, we have laid out three options below for each participating band:
1) PARTICIPATE AT WARREN HS WITH A PARTIAL REFUND
*If you would like to continue with your participation in this event (which we hope you will), we will reduce the pricing for this event to SILVER instead of GOLD event pricing.
*This is the default option. If we do not hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Tuesday, we will assume this is your preference.
2) CONSIDERATION FOR A DIFFERENT WBA EVENT
*If you would like to drop from the event and be considered for another event (Clovis this weekend, or another event on a different date), please let us know this as well and we will make every effort to accommodate your request.
*Please note that this is not necessarily a guarantee, as we need to compile the requests and confer with the respective hosts before making this commitment.
3) WITHDRAW WITH A FULL REFUND
*If you would no longer prefer to participate in this event, we will allow a withdrawal with no penalty and 100% refund.
Note: The attached schedule is a *preliminary* schedule, and will be adjusted as needed based on the response we receive in the next few days. We look forward to having a *final* schedule published and distributed on Wednesday.
We sincerely hope that you will stay with us through this change. We have a fantastic panel of adjudicators, a great venue, and a full slate of excellent performances planned.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your understanding and continued partnership.